Trucking Jobs Available At Dayton Freight
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, following truck driving jobs are offered by Dayton Freight:
- P&D Drivers (City)
- Transportation/Line haul Drivers (Service Center to Service Center)
The company pays their drivers hourly rather than by mile.
- P&D Drivers: $22.52 Per Hour ($20 an hour at the minimum $24 an hour at the maximum)
P&D drivers earn an average salary of between $42,000 and $50,000 a year
- Line Haul drivers: $22.52 per hour. Line haul drivers earn between $60,000 and $82,000 per year.
Pay is provided weekly; there is no typical bi-weekly payment system.
Additional Perks for drivers working at Dayton Freight
- Medical insurance
- Prescription drug card
- Optional vision plan
- Optional dental plan
- Optional short term disability insurance
- Optional long term disability insurance
- Paid holidays
- $35,000 life insurance policy
- Optional whole life insurance
- Optional term life insurance
- Optional critical care insurance
- Paid vacation
- 401(k) plan
- Profit sharing program
- Paid personal day
- Direct deposit/payroll deduction
Dayton Freight Minimum Hiring Qualifications
- At least 23 years of age
- At least 1 year of commercial driving experience
- Valid Class A CDL with Hazardous Materials and Tank Endorsements
- Valid DOT Physical/Medical Card
- No DUI, Citation/Conviction for Reckless Operation in the past 3 years
- Less than 2 moving violations in the past 3 years
- Basic math skills
- Fluent in English
- Able to pass a drug screen test
Dayton Freight Hiring Areas
Dayton Freight hires drivers out of the following states:
AL / AR / AZ / CA / CO / CT / DE / FL / GA / ID / IL / IN / IA / KS / KY / LA / ME / MD / MA / MI / MN / MS / MO / MT / NE / ND / NV / NH / NJ / NM / NY / NC / ND / OH / OK / OR / PA / RI / SC / SD / TN / TX / UT / VT / VA / WA / WV / WI / WY.
Dayton Freight Equipment
The massive operating fleet consists of 1167 tractors and 2750 trailers, of Kenworth and International.
Dayton Freight Orientation Process
The 3-5 days orientation is based on “Dock to Driver Program”, where lodging and meals are also provided.
Do you like our reviews?
If yes then please contribute.
Visit our trucking company review directory. Locate the trucking companies you have worked for in the past and submit your own review.
C’mon —- Do it….. Help us out and help out your fellow driver by submitting your honest feedback from your past experiences.