Jim Palmer Trucking Jobs
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, the following truck driving jobs are offered by Jim Palmer:
- Company driving jobs
- Team Driving jobs (Solo trucks, Team trucks)
- Lease Purchase
- Paid CDL Training
- Military Apprenticeship
Jim Palmer Pay Scale
- Company driving jobs: Company drivers start at $.40 per mile. They have the ability to earn up to .05 extra per mile per load based on fuel consumption. The company average is .42 to .43 per mile. The less fuel drivers burn, the more money they make.
- Team Driving jobs: Company offers 44 cents per mile to team drivers. In addition, the fuel incentive program on team trucks can add up to an extra 5 cents per mile per load extra. Team drivers earn a day off for every week they spend out over the road.
- Lease Purchase: Average paychecks every week range from $1,200 to $1,500. Lease drivers earn 70% of the load revenue and 100% of the fuel surcharge per load.
- Paid CDL Training: After some practice, drivers are sent out for 2-3 weeks with a CDL instructor to prepare you DOT exam. Driver can officially become an employee of Jim Palmer Trucking after passing the exam. They are then sent out on a coach for 30,000 miles of training over the road.
- Military Apprenticeship: Earnings are based on geographical location. Once a driver is hired as an official employee with Jim Palmer Trucking, he can apply for the program. Qualifying veterans can earn up to $1,104.75 per month tax free, apart from driving wages.
Additional Perks for drivers working at Jim Palmer
- Weekly fuel bonuses
- Monthly safety bonuses
- Fuel incentive program
- A day off every week
- nationwide fuel and tire discounts
- Weekly settlements
- $10,000 longevity bonus after 5 years of service
- Medical Insurance
- Fuel Surcharge
- Drop & Hook
- Pet Policy
Jim Palmer Minimum Hiring Qualifications
- 21 years of age or more
- Class A CDL, Social Security card, US Citizenship OR Alien Registration Card
- NO convictions from the following list in the past 3 years:
- Speeding over 15 mph
- Following too close
- Unsafe or erratic lane change
- Reckless driving
- NO more than 2 moving violations within the last 12 months.
- NO more than 4 moving violations within the last 3 years.
- NO DUI/DWI convictions in the last 5 years.
- NO license suspensions for points in the last 3 years.
- NO drug convictions in the last 5 years.
- Must have an acceptable CSA scorecard (PSP Driver Report)
Jim Palmer Hiring Areas
Jim Palmer hires drivers out of the following states:
AL / AR / AZ / CA / CO / CT / DE / FL / GA / ID / IL / IN / IA / KS / KY / LA / ME / MD / MA / MI / MN / MS / MO / MT / NE / ND / NV / NH / NJ / NM / NY / NC / ND / OH / OK / OR / PA / RI / SC / SD / TN / TX / UT / VT / VA / WA / WV / WI / WY.
Jim Palmer Equipment
Specific models are the Peterbilt 579 and Freightliner Cascadia Evolution. All trucks are equipped with an APU and inverters. Models vary between Carrier and Thermoking.
Jim Palmer Orientation Process
- Experienced driver orientation is two and a half days. Orientations start on Tuesday morning and end on Thursday afternoon. Drivers typically roll out in their new truck either Thursday evening or Friday morning after orientation. Lodging and meals are also provided in orientation.