K&B Transportation Trucking Jobs
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, the truck driving jobs offered by K&B Transportation are Company driving jobs.
K&B Transportation Pay Scale
K&B Transportation has a unique pay program in that they typically guarantee a driver 2500 paid miles per week. If any driver doesn’t run 2500 miles in a given week, the difference is paid. This means that drivers are able to consider their job as a minimum salary job where they are able to earn an preset minimum every week in terms of pay.
OTR Pay Package (Based on Time with the Company)
0-6 Months 45 Cents Per Mile
6 Months to 1 Year 46 Cents Per Mile
1-2 Years 47 Cents Per Mile
2-4 Years 48 Cents Per Mile
5-7 Years 49 Cents Per Mile
7+ Years 50 Cents Per Mile
Additional Perks for drivers working at K&B Transportation
- Medical, Dental & Life Insurance (with family)
- Accessory pay (Drop pay, Clean DOT Inspection, Detention Pay)
- Layover pay
- Referral Bonus program
- Paid Vacations
- Unloading pay($3.00 per thousand pounds)
- TripPak Express paid
- Lumper paid on loads of box meat
K&B Transportation Minimum Hiring Qualifications
- 1 year OTR Tractor/Trailer experience
- Good work record.
- CDL Class “A”
- Clear Drug record
- No more than 3 minor violations in the last 3 years.
- No major chargeable accident in the last 3 years
- No more than 1 minor chargeable accident a year in the last 3 years.
- Clear DOT physical, drug screening & road tests.
- Satisfactory references for the last 10 years
K&B Transportation Hiring Areas
K&B Transportation currently hires drivers out of the following states.
- South Dakota
K&B Transportation Equipment
Specific models are the Peterbilt and Freightliner Cascadia Evolution. All trucks are equipped with EDI technology.
K&B Transportation Orientation Process
- Orientation is two days long, in Sioux City, IA.
- Orientation classes are held twice a week, starting on Monday and Thursday.
- Day 1 consists of driver qualifications, including a road test, drug test, DOT physical, as well as driver qualification file completion. The rest of the day is given to class time.
- Day 2 consists mostly of class time, with mentoring on company policies and procedures. The afternoon is for tractor assignment and inspection, along with face to face meeting with assigned fleet manager.
- Meals & lodging are paid.