Trucking Jobs Available At Shaffer Trucking
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, following truck driving jobs are offered by Shaffer Trucking:
- Company Drivers
- Owner operators
Shaffer Trucking Pay Scale
- Company Drivers: Drivers will be paid $.49 to $.52 per practical mile depending on their experience and work history over the last five years. The top 25 percent of our fleet will now average over $69,000.
- Owner operators: All miles associated with this option are practical route miles.
- 1 – 150 Miles, $1.60 Rate + Fuel Surcharge
- 151 – 250 Miles, $1.40 Rate + Fuel Surcharge
- 251 – 700 Miles, $1.15 Rate + Fuel Surcharge
- 701 – 1,200 Miles, $1.09 Rate + Fuel Surcharge
- 1,201+ Miles, $0.99 Rate + Fuel Surcharge
*Deadhead Miles, $0.86 Rate
- Students: Trainees are offered $600/week while training, and when training concludes, they are offered higher rate of pay of $.38 per practical mile for the first four months. After six months, trainees will receive pay package for the specific fleet they will be driving on.
- Military: Drivers will be compensated $600 a week during the 8 week training, and will earn between $.37 and $.44 cents per practical mile after being released from the road training program.
Additional Perks for drivers working at Shaffer Trucking
- Health care benefits (Health, Dental and Vision insurance to drivers and their dependents)
- 401(k) and Profit Sharing Program
- IRA Contribution Plan
- Stop off pay
- Breakdown pay
- Guaranteed detention pay (Company OTR drivers will now receive guaranteed detention pay after 2 hours of wait time)
- Paid vacations
- Military leave
- Jury duty
- Plates & permits
- Performance escrow
- Flat rate option
Shaffer Trucking Minimum Hiring Qualifications
- One year verifiable tractor trailer experience.
- Has acceptably passed the required company and D.O.T. physical, the required drug test and the company in-truck driving test and otherwise meets D.O.T. requirements.
- Has a Class A CDL issued by the driver’s state of residence.
- Has a stable, verifiable work history.
- Has attained the minimum age of 22 years.
- Has an acceptable driving record as reflected by MVR with no major preventable accident in the most recent five (5) years.
- No DUI or DWI convictions or positive drug screens or events in the past five (5) years.
- Acceptable Criminal History.
- Be able to perform functions set forth in the job description.
Exceptions to the one (1) year OTR requirement may be made for company drivers on an individual basis, based on a stable work history. Shaffer also accepts qualified student drivers who have successfully completed schooling at an approved school.
For Military (Patriotic fleet):
- DD214 with 2 years of Active Duty Military experience in the last 5 years
- 1 year of military semi tractor trailer combination experience in the last 5 years or a recent graduate from a CDL driving school.
- Class A CDL License
Shaffer Trucking Hiring Areas
Shaffer Trucking hires drivers out of all 48 states:
AL / AR / AZ / CA / CO / CT / DE / FL / GA / ID / IL / IN / IA / KS / KY / LA / ME / MD / MA / MI / MN / MS / MO / MT / NE / ND / NV / NH / NJ / NM / NY / NC / ND / OH / OK / OR / PA / RI / SC / SD / TN / TX / UT / VT / VA / WA / WV / WI / WY.
Shaffer Trucking Equipment
The company fleet consists of 1000 trucks and more than 2800 trailers, of newest Frieghtliner and International Prostar models. All vehicles are equipped with APUs.
Freightliner Peterbilt International Kenworth Volvo Mack
Shaffer Trucking Orientation Process
Company drivers will be provided transportation to the orientation site, lodging, and meals. In addition, company drivers will be paid $170 upon successful completion of orientation. Owner Operators are reimbursed for bobtailing from home location or last location to the nearest orientation site. All applicants cleared for hire by Shaffer Trucking will be required to attend orientation at one of our four orientation locations: Lincoln, Nebraska; Lenoir City, Tennessee; New Kingstown, Pennsylvania; or Wilmer, Texas.
Do you like our reviews?
If yes then please contribute.
Visit our trucking company review directory. Locate the trucking companies you have worked for in the past and submit your own review.
C’mon —- Do it….. Help us out and help out your fellow driver by submitting your honest feedback from your past experiences.