Trucking Jobs Available At Sharkey Transportation
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, following truck driving jobs are offered by Sharkey Transportation:
- Dry Van
- Owner operator
The company has several different pay packages, which allows you to decide your pay package. Currently, the top pay package offers .61 cents per mile.
- Dry Van (5-state van/reefer opportunities): Up to $900 – 1200 per week (depending on home time requirements)
- Dry Van (Dedicated): Up to $900 – 1100 per week (depending on home time requirements)
- Owner operator (Van and Reefer Available): $1.15 to $1.30 per mile
- Refrigerated: Up to $900 – 1200 per week (depending on home time requirements)
- Flatbed: Annual pay up to $70k+
- Local/Regional: Hourly Pay with Overtime after 40 Hours, $200 Daily & $70k annual guaranteed pay, 6 days our regional runs
If you don’t need medical insurance coverage, then, company will pay you an additional .05 cents per mile.
- $1000 sign-on bonus
- Home Weekends
- Top CPM or Percent Pay Packages
- Premium-free Family Health Insurance
- Performance Bonus
- 100% Fuel Surcharge
- Fuel Tax Reimbursement
- Portion of Plates Paid!
- Discounted Rates for Insurance
- Holiday pay
- Overtime pay
- Up to $6,000 tuition reimbursement.
- VA on-the-job-training benefits for veterans (This equates to roughly $1,200 extra a month paid directly to you from the VA while training).
- Not less than 21 years of age
- 6 Months Verifiable Experience Required
- Live in Illinois or Indiana (For specialized flatbed driver)
- Crane Experience Preferred (For specialized flatbed driver)
- Must be able to safely back T/Ts in close proximity (for local)
- Good employment record
- No positive drug screen tests
Sharkey Transportation Hiring Areas
Sharkey Transportation hires drivers out of all 48 states:
AL / AR / AZ / CA / CO / CT / DE / FL / GA / ID / IL / IN / IA / KS / KY / LA / ME / MD / MA / MI / MN / MS / MO / MT / NE / ND / NV / NH / NJ / NM / NY / NC / ND / OH / OK / OR / PA / RI / SC / SD / TN / TX / UT / VT / VA / WA / WV / WI / WY.
Sharkey Transportation Orientation Process
The company has orientation every week. Depending on where you live, will depend on where you attend orientation. They will go over how orientation works during your phone interview with a recruiter. The recruiter will go over Orientation schedule, Travel Arrangements, Orientation Schedule, Accommodations, Orientation Pay, and what to expect during orientation. The number of days you will attend Orientation will depend on your experience. Everything is paid during orientation.
Do you like our reviews?
If yes then please contribute.
Visit our trucking company review directory. Locate the trucking companies you have worked for in the past and submit your own review.
C’mon —- Do it….. Help us out and help out your fellow driver by submitting your honest feedback from your past experiences.