Trucking Jobs Available At Star Transportation
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, following truck driving jobs are offered by Star Transportation:
- Company Drivers
- Owner Operators
- Lease purchase
Star Transportation Pay Scale
- Company Drivers: Starting pay is 28 cpm, with a raise to 30 cpm after 6 months and another raise to 31cpm after one year. You will then receive a 1cpm raise for each consecutive year you remain employed up to 45cpm
- Lease purchase: $1,500 security deposit to get started: $1,000 when you pick up your truck and $500 will be taken out in 4 installments of $125 each.
- Owner operator: Competitive pay – $1.03 per mile, 2,500 – 3,000 miles every week plus $1,500 sign-on bonus!
- High-paying miles
- Excellent home time
- Medical/dental/vision insurance
- Assigned weekly round-trip routes available
- 401(k) traditional & Roth
- Assigned late-model equipment
- Weekly pay with direct deposit
- Vacation & holiday pay
- Satellite communication
- Rider program
- Consistent home time
- Plenty of miles
- Affordable payments
- Weekly direct deposit
- All accessorial fees paid PLUS fuel surcharge
- 99% NO TOUCH FREIGHT
- Rider policy
- Pet policy
Star Transportation Minimum Hiring Qualifications
- Class A CDL
- 21 years of age
- 8 months’ experience in last 3 years
- Contact a recruiter if you have less than 8 months’ experience – we have options for YOU!
- No more than 3 tickets in last 3 years
- No more than 4 preventable accidents in last 3 years
- All felonies reviewed with few considerations for convictions within past 10 years
- We start students off right at Star Transportation. First, we pair you with a trainer for 4 weeks of paid training. Once your training is complete and you’ve passed our “upgrade” evaluation, you’ll be ready to roll with your own assigned truck and Fleet Manager! To be qualified, you must have:
- TDS within the last 90 days with a grade of 90% or above
- Acceptable MVR & criminal record
- Verifiable 3 year previous work history
- Diploma and transcripts
Star Transportation Hiring Areas
Sharkey Transportation hires drivers out of following states:
- Alabama: North of I-20
- Arkansas: East of US 49
- Florida: East of Tallahassee & North of Tampa / Melbourne
- Illinois: Chicago metro area
- Mississippi: North of Hwy 82
- North Carolina: West of I-95
- South Carolina: West of I-95
- Virginia: West of I-95
Star Transportation Equipment
The fleet consists entirely of conventional Freightliner tractors.
Freightliner Peterbilt International Kenworth Volvo Mack
Star Transportation Orientation Process
The orientation is 2-4 week long based on driver experience. The transportation and lodging is paid, while meal is provided one time a day. The rest of meals you have to pay for.
Do you like our reviews?
If yes then please contribute.
Visit our trucking company review directory. Locate the trucking companies you have worked for in the past and submit your own review.
C’mon —- Do it….. Help us out and help out your fellow driver by submitting your honest feedback from your past experiences.