Trucking Jobs Available At Swift Transportation
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, following truck driving jobs are offered by Swift Transportation:
- OTR (Experienced/Inexperienced Drivers, solo/Teams)
- Owner operator
Swift Transportation Pay Scale
On average, first year dry van drivers earn $41,110 annually.
Team dry van drivers, in their third year can earn roughly $88,710. $4,000 sign-on bonus for experienced drivers. The pay does gradually increase year by year, based on performance, safety and experience.
The average driver for the company will earn between $800 and $1000 per week. But, bonuses and compensation will boost the average salary of $40,000 a year up to the $50,000 a year mark.
- Owner Operator:
Mileage Band OO Pay/Loaded Mile OO Pay/Empty Mile
0 – 24 2.553 1.075
25 – 99 1.803 1.075
100 – 149 1.283 1.075
150 – 199 1.223 1.075
200 – 249 1.203 1.075
250 – 499 1.183 1.075
500 – 799 1.143 1.075
800 + 1.123 1.075
Additional Perks for drivers working at Swift Transportation
- Medical plans
- Prescription drug plans
- Dental plan
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program
- Employee stock purchase program
- Disability insurance
- Life insurance
- safety milestone bonuses
- Dedicated routes
- Longevity bonus: contractors who stay continuously leased on with Swift receive a progressive bonus per mile after the first three years of service
- Base plate licensing and permits are provided
- $35 for each additional drop/pick on multi-stop loads (after the first)
- 100% of lumpers fees, if required, are paid
- Contractors are insured while under dispatch by Swift Transportation
- Tolls are reimbursed
- Must hold/have held a valid U.S. driver’s license for at least 12 months
- No DWI or DUI convictions within the past five years
- No major preventable accidents within the past twelve months
- No reckless driving convictions in the last three years in a personal or commercial vehicle
- Able to pass a DOT physical and drug test
- Must be at least 21 years old
Swift Transportation Hiring Areas
Swift Transportation hires drivers out of all 48 states:
AL / AR / AZ / CA / CO / CT / DE / FL / GA / ID / IL / IN / IA / KS / KY / LA / ME / MD / MA / MI / MN / MS / MO / MT / NE / ND / NV / NH / NJ / NM / NY / NC / ND / OH / OK / OR / PA / RI / SC / SD / TN / TX / UT / VT / VA / WA / WV / WI / WY.
Swift Transportation Equipment
Swift uses late model Freightliner and Volvo tractor, in its fleet of more than 25000 trucks and around 800 trailers.
Freightliner Peterbilt International Kenworth Volvo Mack
Swift Transportation Orientation Process
The 3 days orientation is paid, in terms of lodging, breakfast and lunch. It is based on medical and drug test, and informative training sessions along with OTR training.
Do you like our reviews?
If yes then please contribute.
Visit our trucking company review directory. Locate the trucking companies you have worked for in the past and submit your own review.
C’mon —- Do it….. Help us out and help out your fellow driver by submitting your honest feedback from your past experiences.