Trucking Jobs Available At YRC Freight
Identified through company’s own website and other reliable online resources, following truck driving jobs are offered by YRC Freight:
- P&D drivers (Pickup & Delivery drivers)
- Road drivers
- Combo drivers
YRC Freight Pay Scale
- P&D drivers (Pickup & Delivery drivers):
Drive an average of 150 miles a day and possibly work on the dock during shift. Average pay is up to $12 per hour.
- Road drivers:
Union contract pay rates up to 52 cents a mile.
First year road driver may earn up to $60,000 (paid by the mile), and city drivers may earn an average of over $20 per hour.
Drivers usually avail an average of 2,000 miles per week, with opportunities to drive as a team.
- Combo drivers:
Drivers get an average of 250 miles a day and possibly work on the dock during shift. Average pay is up to 42 cents per mile.
Additional Perks for drivers working at YRC Freight
- Weekly pay via direct deposit
- Up to $0.561128 per mile for road drivers
- Up to $24.74 per hour for P&D drivers
- Paid overtime
- Paid delay time
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement pay
- Worker’s Compensation pay
- Paid sick and/or personal days
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacations
- Medical care coverage
- Dental care coverage
- Vision care coverage
- Basic and accidental death and dismemberment life insurance
- Short-term disability and Long-term disability
- Defined benefit pension
- 401(k) saving program
YRC Freight Minimum Hiring Qualifications
- Hold a Class A CDL
- Have or can get the following endorsements: tankers, hazardous materials and double/triple
- A clean motor vehicle record (MVR) — no DUIs and no more than 1 accident within 36 months
- Pass DOT physical, drug test and criminal background check
- Age 21, minimum
- Record of safe and competent driving as demonstrated on state motor vehicle record
- Valid Class A CDL with doubles/triples, hazmat and tank endorsements
YRC Freight Hiring Areas
YRC Freight hires drivers out of all the 48 states:
AL / AR / AZ / CA / CO / CT / DE / FL / GA / ID / IL / IN / IA / KS / KY / LA / ME / MD / MA / MI / MN / MS / MO / MT / NE / ND / NV / NH / NJ / NM / NY / NC / ND / OH / OK / OR / PA / RI / SC / SD / TN / TX / UT / VT / VA / WA / WV / WI / WY.
YRC Freight Equipment
The fleet of YRC Freight consists of over 10,000 tractors and trailers of Frieghtliner, Peterbilt and Kenworth latest models.
Freightliner Peterbilt International Kenworth Volvo Mack
YRC Freight Orientation Process
The orientation lasts for 3-4 days, based on driver’s experience. All expenses including meals, lodging and transportation are provided by YRC.
Do you like our reviews?
If yes then please contribute.
Visit our trucking company review directory. Locate the trucking companies you have worked for in the past and submit your own review.
C’mon —- Do it….. Help us out and help out your fellow driver by submitting your honest feedback from your past experiences.